On 14/5/2011 10:12 μμ, bert hubert wrote:

Well, you are proof that if you keep nagging you might get your way.
2193 has the fix for 313 suggested in that URL, it is building now.

Thanks, Bert. After all, you know that I am not just nagging, I have invested *a lot* of time to prove the ldap backend is worth support and do whatever I can to attract the community interest to it. I care for the powerdns project.

I saw the 2193 tarball. I'll try to compile and test it tomorrow (Monday).

If you make a script that sets up LDAP so that I can test, I'll see. But I'm
not going to delve into anything, you need to get me something that after
I've apt-get installed the ldap server it sets up a working powerdns
environment.

OK Bert, it makes sense. I'll attempt to prepare something for you and send it in the next couple of days.

If you have an RHEL/CentOS test server, it will be easier because all my test and production environments use this OS and I can prepare something more knowledgeably.

If you must use a debian-based system, please tell me the exact version of the OS, so that I can examine the peculiarities related to the latest openldap package available for that distro in its repos, to prepare a package accordingly (it might take me more time).

Thanks,
Nick