On 19/10/2011 1:15 μμ, Angel Bosch Mora wrote:

I just want to point that in case you use LDAP as backend there's a lot of
customizable LDAP clients you can use.

Angel, with such tools you manage the database, not DNS.

Frontends (should) allow easy creation/maintenance of domains and RRs with auto creation of reverse records, multiple automatic sanity checks etc, which are not done by simple management tools. In a few words, they are DNS-centric and not database-centric.

As with LDAP, I remind you that it is in unmaintained status! (At least v2.9.22 works decently.)

Nick