I want to overlay a set of names onto an existing DNS zone for which I don't control the nameserver. I have a number of names which are "mine" inside a zone managed "higher up" my organisation. The zone also contains lots of names which are not "mine". DNS updates can take over 3 weeks (ridiculous, no?) to happen on the actual organisational nameservers so I want to make a resolver which will reflect our changes immediately.