> We had a similar report from a Solaris SPARC user; a fix for his problem went
> into the 3.4.0 release, but we never got an answer about whether it helped.
>
> Can you please try with pens-server 3.4.0 or higher, and let us know if that
> fixes it?
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Peter van Dijk

Hi again Peter,

        I downloaded, compiled and installed the recently released 3.4.2 from
the PowerDNS releases web page but I was unable to get it to launch. :(

        The error I am getting is “Unable to launch, no backends configured for
querying” which is very odd since when I did the compile, I explicitly compiled
with the bind module option. Also, my local config file does have “launch=bind”
parameter set.

host - PowerPC 32bit, ubuntu 14.04 LTS release