For reasons, I have been unable to debug, my recursive servers
frequently only do IPv4 although IPv6 connected and authoritatives are
also IPv6 connected.

Warming the recursors caches with dig AAAA ns-with-AAAA.example.com let
the recursor learn that the zones are also available over IPv6 with a
better latency.

(I know that this is a hack... but sometimes, you know, a hack is better
than being called from NOC every 2 hours)

(Sometimes IPv4 Servers are under attack while IPv6 works fine... and in
my case recurosor failed to switch/stay with IPv6)

Cheers

Thomas