Hi Alex,

i've been implementing features like this in a couple of plugins built on
top of PDT. The document which was really helpful for
me was this one here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Extending_PDT_2.2. Also,
these slides are really useful:
http://www.slideshare.net/wcandillon/extending-and-scripting-pdt

Concerning the translations files, the com.dubture.symfony.index bundle of
my Symfony2 eclipse plugin might help, it implements this feature (it also
indexes other non-php files):

https://github.com/pulse00/Symfony-2-Eclipse-Plugin

regards

-robert

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:27 PM, v0idnull <v0idn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here at work, everyone uses PDT, but there are some features that would
> help us greatly which shouldn't be too hard for one of us to code up, I
> think so I'll just throw the idea out here. I apologise if this is the
> wrong place to ask these questions. These are all custom modifications for
> use in the office and our common framework of PHP code.
>
> 1) Language files
> We all use .ini files to store our localised strings. It would be great if
> I could throw in a custom parser that would pick up the usage of our
> translate function, and allow us to auto-complete the key that points to
> our localised string. I'm inspired by ADT (the Android SDK add on) where
> all string values are held in an XML file and you can reference and
> auto-complete the class R to get at IDs that point to string values. Very
> very useful.
>
> 2) Exception handling
> I would find it useful to have a warning when method Foo::A() called
> method Foo::B() and in Foo::B(), an Exception may be thrown, but Foo::A()
> can't handle it. This obviously isn't perfect, since if Foo::C() called
> Foo::A() AND handles the exception thrown by Foo::B(), it would not be
> possible to catch this.
>
> But, this can also highlight potential problems with uncaught or otherwise
> unmanaged exceptions.
>
> I'm not sure how much work any of this entails as I've never written or
> modified an eclipse plug in. What do you fine PDT folks think of this? Am I
> on a fools errand?
>
> thanks,
> --alex

phone +43 676 64 57 240