Kevin-
Cool! I'm glad to hear that you got it. What all, besides the kerb
flags, was wrong? Why were you having to log in twice?
I just pam/nss'd a system against M$'s active directory using SFU3.5.
Seems to be working just fine, believe it or not, using the map
commands. If you're interested, I'll send you the setup.
Tobias

Kevin Williams wrote:

| AH!  I finally figured it out (Learned all about strace in the process:)
| )
|
| As an FYI--if anyone out there is installing/using gentoo, and is
| thinking about kerberos, make sure you don't use both krb4 and kerberos
| (different distributors) in your use flags.  The system gets confused as
| to which to use!
|
| Kevin
|
| On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 23:23, Kevin Williams wrote:
|
|>All,
|>
|>I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for solving this
|>issue.  I'm trying to set up my NSS to use ldap via PAM (nss_ldap).  From
|>all the docs, this should be a piece of cake.  Not for me though!  I'm
|>running on Gentoo Linux with OpenLdap 2.1.26
|>
|>>From what I've read, I have to configure the following files:
|>1. /etc/ldap.conf
|>2. /etc/nsswitch.conf
|>3. /etc/pam.d/system-auth
|>
|>Here's what I put in each file:
|>ldap.conf:
|>
|>host 127.0.0.1
|>base dc=tarity,dc=com
|>binddn cn=Manager,dc=tarity,dc=com
|>bindpw PASSWORD
|>pam_password exop
|>scope sub
|>nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=tarity,dc=com
|>nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=tarity,dc=com
|>nss_base_group  ou=Group,dc=tarity,dc=com
|>
|>nsswitch.conf:
|>(modified these three lines)
|>passwd: files ldap
|>shadow: files ldap
|>group: files ldap
|>
|>etc/pam.d/system-auth (added the following lines)
|>auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
|>account sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
|>password sufficient /ib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass use_authtok
|>session sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
|>
|>I've populated the LDAP database to be used as a windows domain
controller,
|>so I should have Domain and Administrator entries in the LDAP Database and
|>NOT in the group or passwd files.  Testing the system, I SHOULD get
results
|>returned when I use this command:
|>getent group | grep Domain
|>getent passwd | grep Administrator
|>
|>I'm pretty sure it's a config issue since I don't have anything showing up
|>in my ldap log file.  I don't have any log messages of the command at all
|>(which is why I'm now stumped)!  Does anyone see a configuration error
that
|>I might have, or have any advice for troubleshooting this issue?
|>
|>On a side note...I now get 2 password fields whenever I su.
|>$su
|>Password:
|>Password:
|>
|>Would this be trying to authenticate via ldap, and then unix?  I'm
guessing
|>this is due to a configuration change.  When I make these changes, do
I need
|>to restart a daemon?
|>
|>Thanks!
|>
|>Kevin Williams