Tobias Rice wrote:
Greetings, all.
I need to buy a pcmcia wireless card that will be able to do wireless
auditing under linux. I'm getting conflicting suggestions about which
card to get. Prism I chipsets are open but very unstable. Some of the
others work well but offer no support in linux. I've also heard that
some of the manufactures changed chipsets w/o changing the model. Any
suggestions on a make and model that will work? External antenna jacks a
plus.

Look for Prism 2 and above chipsets. I have a couple Linksys WPC11 v3 cards that work great. No external antenna jack though.

-John