Hi

I'm trying to load debian on and older laptop with no cd.  I have a backpack
parallel cdrom.  I ran the typical rescue disk install and when I got to
installing the device modules I installed the backpack modules parport,
paride, epat, parport_pc, and parport_probe onto the system. On another
console I tried to mount the cdrom using
Mount /dev/pcd0 /cdrom

And I got the message

Mount: Mounting /dev/pcd0 on /cdrom failed: Block device required

I'm assuming that Im missing another module. I've been reading all over the
net and I have tried a bunch of things. But nothing has quite worked during
install. So I went ahead and downloaded the base floppy images, and I know
that I'll be able to mount the cd after the base is installed
 I'm still wondering is there a way I could have got this to work without
having to use the floppies the whole way through?

Aaron McIntosh