Ken Brush wrote:
On Monday 15 November 2004 14:10, Robby Russell wrote:

We're using evolution at work and would like to share our calendars
together.

The best method that I have been able to produce it having our own
evolutions have their calendars..and syncing the calendar file for
evolution to a server and using phpicalendar to combine them all. Then I
am able in evolution to view a web calendar (basically looks at a .ics
file on a webserver) and I can display them all together in evolution.
It's not the most elegant way to do this, but it works.

Does anyone have any experience and suggestions to methods of handling
shared calendars without any commercial products or needing to use a
web-based interface? We're using evolution because we can sync to our
palm pilots nicely and don't mind phpicalendar but would like to do it a
bit more efficiently.

I don't know of any. But, there is hope :)
You could setup an imap folder as your Calendar folder (standardize it to be "calendar" or something).

Then have a process that updates a shared calendar web app with drop down boxes. If you have your watcher process just check for size differences every once in a while on your imap server (or if it was hooked in somehow) that would be ideal.

I wrote a simple ical_parser in perl (avail: http://www.cgi101.com/~ken/) if you want a good starting point for the web app...

I'll leave all the other implementation details to the imagination of the poor sap implementing this.

-Ken

We implemented ical on Plone w/ PloneiCalendar. It is pretty slick with Mozilla Calendar. I don't know about the evo stuff.

js