On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 03:25:51PM -0800, Kevin Williams wrote:
> What would really help is if you could specify what you're looking for.
> Languages, skill set, experience level, etc.

Sure.  I just didn't want to sounds like a classified ad here
on the pdxlug.   But the super-short gist of it is:

+ need someone VERY experienced : "been there, done that" with
  years of history programming, especially web-apps

+ very up on OOP : a thorough understanding of encapsulation,
  patterns, refactoring, and a strong sense of good OOP design

+ language: PHP5 (which if you haven't seen it lately is
  suprisingly similar to Java, so Java experience might help),
  good SQL (we use both PostgreSQL and MySQL) - and shell scripts

+ ... and of course entirely Linux/BSD-based.

We do 100% music-based web-apps, in a very casual environment,
but we're looking for someone very steady, looking for a long-
term many-year commitment.  The company is steady.

Pays pretty well.

Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] (me)

Sorry for such a commercial post on a non-commercial list, but
hey - you asked!

:-)

--
Derek Sivers, CD Baby, Hostbaby