Thanks Matt.

He says he's rebooted the machine and powered the
modem on and off, both without luck.  In case that's
the problem, any other ideas for clearing the modem?

Todd

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > When he tries the release/renew steps, the buttons
> > "didn't respond".  I'm not exactly sure what he
> means
> > by that, but if someone has hooked up linspire to
> > comcast, or has any ideas what might be wrong, let
> me
> > know.
>
> Typically, cable modems "remember" your MAC address,
> so when you hook it
> up to another box, it doesn't recognize it, and
> won't let you on.  You can
> usually solve this power cycling the modem.
> Matt King
> Portland Internet Company
> http://www.portlandinternetco.com

=====
The only "dumb question" is the one you were too afraid to ask.
Check out RouteRuler - Free software for runners, cyclists, walkers, etc.
http://routeruler.sourceforge.net