Gary F wrote:

". . . firstness, secondness and thirdness are          (6231-1)
elements of every phenomenon as Peirce put it,
. . . . "

This is also how I understood firstness, secondness, and thirdness based
on my brief readings of Peirce's originals and secondary sources.  In
other words, I believe Peirce said somewhere that

"Firstness, Secondness and Thirdness are the             (6231-2)
different aspects of a phenomenon that the human
mind prescind for the convenience of thought."

With all the best.

Sung