At 09:42 AM 9/11/2014, Jon wrote:
Stephen,
Back in the early 90s I used to consult on statistics and computing for nurse researchers at a medical school (http://nursing.utmb.edu/) and "mother-infant communication" was one of their major research areas.

HP: Joanna has been educating me on how our Umwelten begin forming from our birth and even before. Here are three current research examples (out of hundreds).
http://vimeo.com/90610617
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080623102530.htm
and even in neonate infants <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/sjop.12133/abstract>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/sjop.12133/abstract

Howard