This may be of interest to members of the Peirce List. Sorry for my silence
recently. My email program I use for posting stopped working and I have had to
move everything over to a new program. Rolling electricity load shedding hasn't
helped, with consequent failure of backup systems (including my desktop at
home, but also the University) making things worse. I had to send this through
a circuitous route which I can't use for direct posts to either list (or the
post gets rejected - actually this is a test to see if this method works).

John

CFP: Diagrams as Vehicles of Scientific Reasoning

Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:07:10 -0500

Center for Philosophy of Science <pittc...@pitt.edu><mailto:pittc...@pitt.edu>

Center for Philosophy of Science

John Collier <ag...@ncf.ca><mailto:ag...@ncf.ca>

[cid:part1.03040205.06040209@ncf.ca][cid:part2.06020609.07070200@ncf.ca]

CFP:  Diagrams as Vehicles of Scientific Reasoning

20 December 2014 Deadline Approaches

This interdisciplinary workshop seeks to expand our understanding of the ways
in which diagrams contribute to scientific reasoning through analysis of
diagrams used in actual scientific research and theoretical accounts and
experimental investigations of the ways scientists construct or reason with
diagrams.  Keynote speakers will be Nancy Nersessian, Mary Hegarty, Christian
Schunn, and Andrea Woody.

The workshop will be held April 10-12, 2015 at the Center for Philosophy of
Science, University of Pittsburgh.

Call for papers:
http://www.pitt.edu/~pittcntr/Events/All/Conferences/others/other_conf_2014-15/04-10-15_diagrams/diagrams-cfp.html<http://www.pitt.edu/%7Epittcntr/Events/All/Conferences/others/other_conf_2014-15/04-10-15_diagrams/diagrams-cfp.html>

Organizing Committee:  William Bechtel (Chair), Sara Green, Nicholaos Jones,
James Lennox, Nancy Nersessian, and Sarah Roe.

Questions can be directed to William Bechtel
(bech...@ucsd.edu<mailto:bech...@ucsd.edu>).