Edwina,

I agree with Peirce that we think in signs.

Since I am now, at this very moment, thinking about "icon", "rheme" and
"legisign" as components or aspects of the triadic sign, "rhematic iconic
legisign",  "icon", "rheme" and "legisign" are (must be)  signs.  It is
that simple.

Also, you have not yet answered my simple question:

Since Peirce used "qualisign", "sinsign", "legisign" and dicisign" in the
3x3 table of his 9 types of signs, did Peirce make a mistake ?  According
to your "theory" of signs, none of these 9 types of signs should be called
"signs" at all.

If your answer is YES, I would conclude that your theory of sign (not
Peirces') is wrong.  If your answer is NO, then your theory of sign must be
judged wrong.  In either case your theory of signs seems to be wrong.  Is
this perhaps one reason that you have not been able to answer my simple
question ?

With all the best.

Sung