Peircers,

Discussions on the Peirce list seem to be going through a phase
of never quite getting the first principles of logic or math or
science or Peirce's thought settled enough to make any progress.

I don't believe it's entirely the fault of our latest wave of bioscientism,
though that does appear to be a factor, or even the fact that far too much
of the secondary literature on Peirce these days has retreated to circling
around the fallback positions of 20th century analytic philosophy, seeking
to assimilate Peirce's thought to paradigms that will never comprehend him.
But those vectors cannot take us in the directions that Peirce pointed out.

I had been meaning to say a lot more here, but other work is pulling me away,
so I'll just leave the above couple of codewords to remind me on another day.

Regards,

Jon

--

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey