From: Jon Awbrey [mailto:jawb...@att.net]
Sent: March 5, 2015 2:01 PM
To: John Collier; Helmut Raulien; Peirce List
Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Re: Relations & Their Relatives

Re: John Collier
At: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15782

John, List,

That is a very nice paper!  It was something of a bio-trope back when I was
spending a lot more time in the company of bio-sci folk to say that the
phenotype was just a device for reproducing the genotype, and I think that is
more or less a turn on the symmetry issue that you mention.  Reading that in a
Peircean frame of mind, I took it to mean that the real object of the process
was neither nucleic acids nor amino acids nor proteins but some pragma of
evolution about which they all turned.

Regards,

Jon

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey