Clark, list,

It's quite possible that I'm wrong-headed about it, but Is this inversion by the idea of constructors a difference that makes a difference? What is it beyond rephrasing?

Peirce found plenty of modalism in the ordinary language or thinking of physics. If something is conditionally necessary or fated in the sense of a physical law, how does it help to express it _/more/_ modally for any reason besides perhaps increased clarity? I mean, how does it result in new predictions or help somebody do physics? If you have a bunch of physical structures constraining possibilities in the same way, that's called a law. Peirce saw generals, laws, etc., as governing individuals, not vice versa to any significant extent. Why shouldn't Peirce have thought of the idea of constructors as an effort to rephrase modal realism in approximately nominalist terms?

Best. Ben