From: Jerry LR Chandler [mailto:jerry_lr_chand...@icloud.com]
Sent: 21. oktober 2016 17:20
To: Peirce List
Cc: Søren Brier
Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Universes and Categories (was Peirce's Cosmology)

Soren:

Would it be fair to say that you seek to understand how CSP’s writings relate
to scientific causality?

I think it is fair to ask if Jon’s views on engineering wrt CSP writings are
typical of modern engineering disciplines, such as chemical engineering and
molecular-biological engineering in which specific causal processes must be
arranged from the body of scientific information (chemical / biological)
available.  Within the professions, these are referred to a “scale-up”
problems.  Or, otherwise as “from the lab-bench to production”.

BTW, Soren, on a personal note and in reference to an earlier exchange here
(2014?) on the role of  electricity in bio-cybernetics / biosemiotics, I have
just finished writing a paper -An Introduction to the Foundations of Chemical
Information Theory. Tarski – Lesniewski Logical Structures and the Organization
of Natural Sorts and Kinds.

Indirectly, it draws on certain aspects of CSP logic, as well as the views of
M. Malatesta’s on meta-languages. But, it focuses the meaning of quanta of
electricity and the relations to symmetry.  It will be submitted for
publication after colleagues have provided comments.

Cheers

Jerry

On Oct 21, 2016, at 5:05 AM, Søren Brier <sb....@cbs.dk<mailto:sb....@cbs.dk>>