Edwina, List:

CP 2.233-242 discusses *triadic relations* and identifies
Representamen/Object/Interpretant as a paradigmatic example of one.  Peirce
also states, "A *Sign *is a representamen of which some interpretant is a
cognition of a mind"--not a triadic entity, but "the First Correlate of a
triadic relation."  CP 2.243-253 then discusses the three *trichotomies*,
which do not divide "triadic relations" in general, but Signs in
particular--"first, according as the sign in itself is a mere quality, is
an actual existent, or is a general law; secondly, according as the
relation of the sign to its object consists in the sign's having some
character in itself, or in some existential relation to that object, or in
its relation to an interpretant; thirdly, according as its Interpretant
represents it as a sign of possibility or as a sign of fact or a sign of
reason."  CP 2.254-264 then presents the ten Sign *classifications*.

I recently re-read a couple of your online papers in an effort to
understand your model better.  My suggestion that it treats the three
relations as dyadic comes from "The Methodology of Semiotic Morphology:  An
Introduction" (http://see.library.utoronto.ca/SEED/Vol5-2/Taborsky.htm).

ET:  A relation is a dyadic string, a primitive morphology of in­teraction,
where two nodes functioning as horizons of influence connect to provide
within that range a measured configuration of data, information or
knowledge functioning within time and space – and mode.

This seems to be saying that *all *relations are dyadic and function within
time and space (i.e., exist).  Am I misunderstanding, or has your view
perhaps changed since writing that piece?  Note that CP 2.283 states, "A
genuine Index and its Object must be existent individuals (whether things
or facts), and its immediate Interpretant must be of the same character."
 It does not say that *all *dyadic relations require both correlates to be
existents; after all, *any *relation that has only two correlates--whether
Possibles, Existents, or Necessitants--is dyadic by definition.

Regards,

Jon