Mike, List:

"MS" is just a standard abbreviation for manuscript.  Robin assigned
numbers to Peirce's many manuscripts while preparing his catalogue back in
the 1960s, so some (myself included) prefer to reference them with "R" for
Robin.  The catalogue itself is online at
http://www.iupui.edu/~peirce/robin/robin.htm.  As you will see, it is
organized topically, and each entry has a brief description of the
contents, as well as a known or estimated date of composition.  R 612 has
Peirce's title, "Common Ground," is dated November 1908, and includes among
its contents, "Definition of 'determination.'"

Jeff's worthy project seeks to transcribe many of the later manuscripts
that have not yet been published in the Writings.  The introductory
paragraph at https://www.fromthepage.com/collection/show?collection_id=16
includes a link to the transcription guidelines.  I think it would be
fantastic if more List participants could get involved in this effort.