Gary R., List:

Of course the Sign *can *be within the bird; what I said was that I think
it does not necessarily *have to* be be within the bird.

I have tried to avoid human semiosis in this conversation, because I
suspect that Edwina and I will have many more disagreements once we go in
that direction.

In a Rhematic Indexical Sinsign, the Sign itself is an Existent
(individual), not a Necessitant (general); so I do not understand what
point you are making about this.