Jon, List:

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 4:17 PM, Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> all of the correlates in this example of semiosis happen to be Existents
> (2ns).

In your opinion do you also believe that none of this example of semiosis that
are 2ns?

> As such, it should not be surprising that our analysis of it resembles "a
> simplistic causal sequence”;

As I read your highly imaginative narrative, the words you select attempt to
use a simple linear ordering to “explain” the fundamental scientific philosophy
of the categorizations of pragmatic logic.
> hence Edwina's worry about making it out to be "too mechanical.”

The simple linear ordering of the five symbols is a mechanical logic, in my
opinion.

> Furthermore, since Peirce's synechism entails that semiosis is continuous,
> rather than discrete, the assignment of terms is indeed arbitrary to a
> degree.  In fact, that was a source of initial confusion on my part—

My only comment would be that it continues to be deep sources of confusion
about CSP's notion of symbolization and categorization.

Cheers

Jerry.