Edwina, John S., List:

As I have said before (more than once), my own purpose in focusing so much
on Peirce's concepts and terminology in logic as semeiotic is not for its *own
*sake, but primarily for the purpose of *making our ideas clear*.  This is
a necessary and important step *before *we can properly identify and
explicate the resulting "pragmatic applications" in *other *fields,
beginning with Metaphysics and continuing on to the Special Sciences such
as biosemiotics.  After all, Peirce *defined *pragmatism as "no attempt to
determine any truth of things," but rather "merely a method of ascertaining
the meanings of hard words and of abstract concepts" (CP 5.464, EP 2:400;
1907).

Also, as far as I know, no one on the List is advocating "Platonic
idealism."  Why keep bringing it up?