Keeping your fellows company helps maintain morale.

I multitask on a minute-by-minute basis and on a week by week and month by month basis. Most tasks I don't finish at once, I just progress them to the next point at which they don't unravel while I take a break from it. Most people are probably like that but the next person (if there is one) always has a different time schedule in mind. However, there are some people that need to see a thing right through, otherwise they get confused, or they don't have space to leave half finished tasks piled up, or this is required in the job. I am lucky that I don't (quite) need to work at the moment. I am finding my memory gets better and better and I feel more and more relaxed. Space to pile half-finished tasks up for a while, helps, since I have got some. I also increasingly write notes and keep those in specified places for future reference. Canny coaches and OTs know how to teach people these skills. Since my coach showed me I have flair for spatial thinking, both in concretes and conceptually, I capitalise on that in a big way. Most people are only trained serially which is heavy going. I remember phone numbers half visually and half auditorily, and grouped in five-three-three digits. If people are hassling you for the sake of hassling you, that's bad. Ideally you should be able to make some people wait a short and appropriate amount of time for you to attend to something else of equal priority. There are happy mediums and good manners all round, in shops, etc. If we tell ourselves no-one is really trying to be mean and we admire our own achieving, we can acquire more poise even when rushed off our feet. This world is based on put-downs so no wonder everyone is cracking up.

Personality is about discretion and initiative, not image. If we take small chunks at a time, we can glow in achievement which is terrific for our own morale.

How and why "scientific studies" are organised is a separate subject.

On 2018-11-02 8:14, Stephen Jarosek wrote:

Has anyone else observed how so many scientific "studies" actually relate to
semiotics?

I periodically stick my head into the Science-reddit forum for the latest science news, and often the studies that are cited are just exercises in semiotic analysis. They must think it's all in the genes or something. They
need to be enlightened... we need to work harder to spread the semiotic
message far and wide! Take for example, an arbitrary sample from today's
schedule:

*    Merely desiring to alter your personality is not enough, and may
backfire unless you take concrete action to change, suggests a new study. Failing to support one's goals with concrete action appears to backfire, leading to personality drift in the opposite direction to what was desired.

* 'Heavy' multitasking may cramp your memory - A decade of data reveals that heavy multitaskers have reduced memory, Stanford psychologist says.
Although he also adds that it is still too soon to determine cause and
effect.

*    As small Iowa towns continue to lose population, a strong social
infrastructure - rather than economic or physical factors - determines
whether residents report greater quality of life, according to new research.

The above are all semiotics 1:001

https://www.reddit.com/r/science/

sj