}Stephen, list

        I'm adding what you said below to the Peirce list, for I think it
needs to be said, again and again. We do a disservice to Peirce to
isolate his work from the broader use of his infrastructure by an
endless examination of terminology. However - if some people enjoy
this - and I am sure they do - then, that is their right! BUT - we
should not sneer at or condemn as 'unPeircean' the broader
application of the Peircean infrastructure into an examination of the
world.

        "World-changing brilliance that would be best served not by an
effort to become expert in what he meant in his circumlocutions but
by a statement and promotion of his discernible thought in the way
that others of less note -- Steiner comes to mind -- had little
trouble parlaying into an ongoing presence in the world."
 On Tue 29/01/19  2:40 PM , Stephen Curtiss Rose stever...@gmail.com
sent:
 I think I do ignore it Edwina. I have a highly active existence
following my own lights which are obvious from my questions here. I
only natter in these precincts because I think as I said it is the
only game in town and it has preempted the basis for a much wider and
more fruitful exploration. I do not have the present commitment at
this point to do more than look in so in a sense I am assuming there
is a constituency for this that may not exist. The writing on the
wall seems to me to be that between the performance of folk here and
the emerging recognition that Peirce has not gotten much increase in
recognition over past decades, his thousands of ill-attended pages
have suffered a fare similar to his own. World-changing brilliance
that would be best served not by an effort to become expert in what
he meant in his circumlocutions but by a statement and promotion of
his discernible thought in the way that others of less note --
Steiner comes to mind -- had little trouble parlaying into an ongoing
presence in the world.
amazon.com/author/stephenrose [1]