From: Edwina Taborsky [mailto:tabor...@primus.ca]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 2:10 PM
To: 'Peirce-L'; Auke van Breemen
Subject: [PEIRCE-L] Imitation as pragmatism and solution to entropy problem

Auke- I wasn't thinking of either; I was referring to Stephen's phrase of
'blind mechanical copying'...which to me, simply means mimesis without
mediative thought or input. Even an interaction in 2ns has some 'input' via the
direct physical contact. So a pantogram would use 2ns in its interaction.
The only point I was trying to make is that the relation has no capacity to NOT
carry out mimesis. Rather like a plague of insects!
Edwina

On Mon 25/02/19 5:14 AM , "Auke van Breemen" a.bree...@chello.nl sent:
Edwina,

Edwina,

I was wondering what meaning you attach to ‘blind copting’.

Are you thinking about pantographs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantograph)
or mechanical key reproducers like:
https://www.grainger.com/product/KABA-ILCO-Key-Duplicator-52HN52

Best,