}Gary R - I have no problem with you and I having conceptual
differences. There is absolutely nothing wrong with conceptual
differences!!

        And I note that you were courteous and did NOT tell me that my views
are 'unPeircean'. Just as I would never tell anyone with whom I
disagreed about a Peircean issue - that their views were
'unPeircean'. Neither of us can set ourselves up as Gatekeepers - we
are equal researchers in the field. And we have the right to disagree
with each other about our conclusions.

        With regard to Gary F's public disparagement of a peer-reviewed
article to which I referred in a different thread - which I doubt he
has read beyond the abstract - as 'uninformative, uninteresting,
non-empirical and esoteric' - I've posted the names and addresses of
the scholars who wrote this peer-reviewed article. Perhaps he would
like to write them and given them his views of their work. I note
that this was the lead article in the issue - and I note that their
credentials suggest that their work would be 'empirically grounded
and most certainly not 'esoterica'. As for being uninteresting and
uninformative - that would depend on the reader of the article.
 Thermodynamics of Majority-Logic Decoding in Information Erasure
Shiqi Sheng [1] 1, Tim Herpich [2] 2, Giovanni Diana [3] 3 and
Massimiliano Esposito [4] 2,* [5] 1Division of Interfacial Water and
Key Laboratory of Interfacial Physics and Technology, Shanghai
Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai
201800, China2Complex Systems and Statistical Mechanics, University
of Luxembourg, L-1511 Luxembourg, Luxembourg3Center for Developmental
Neurobiology & MRC Center for Neurodevelopmental Disorders, King’s
College London, Guy’s Hospital Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK*Author to
whom correspondence should be addressed. Received: 10 January 2019 /
Revised: 25 February 2019 / Accepted: 11 March 2019 / Published: 15
March 2019 (This article belongs to the Special Issue Thermodynamics
of Information Processing [6])
 On Sat 30/03/19 11:17 PM , Gary Richmond gary.richm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, Jon, List,
 I had written in the post to which Edwina responded:
 GR: I must admit that since you and I have taken this up in the past
and could come to no agreement on the matter, I've very little hope
that we will this go round.
 Jon quoted Edwina, then wrote:
 ET:  Gary R - thanks for your reply - but- we are talking about
different things.
 JAS: . . . this is not merely a terminological difference, it is a
conceptual difference.
 Edwina, I am somewhat saddened to have to say that I have come to
the conclusion that the conceptual difference between our
understandings of semeiotic is just too great a chasm to bridge. I
responded to your question as best I could and have nothing further
to add.   Best,
 Gary
 Gary Richmond
 Philosophy and Critical ThinkingCommunication Studies LaGuardia
College of the City University of New York