From: Jerry LR Chandler <jerry_lr_chand...@icloud.com>
Sent: 4-Apr-19 19:00
To: g...@gnusystems.ca
Cc: Peirce list <peirce-l@list.iupui.edu>
Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Phaneroscopy and logic

GaryF., List

Are you making a second major shift in your system of beliefs about CSP
writings?  First on the role of chemistry and now the role of mathematics!

If so, then I would suggest that your cognitive patterns are under radical
reformation.

In fact, the chemical perspective is, then and now, one of compositional
illations.

Abstractly and Metaphorically, the symbol systems for chemical and musical
compositions are comparable with respect to several attributes. Off the record,
I have invested many many hours, seeking to interlace the two notational
systems, both dependent on the interdependence of individual symbols arranged
by composition. Both also deploy unique number symbols that have different
meanings than the tradition arithmetic operations. Also, the logic of the
arrangements of quantity are different.

That being said, CSP’s notion of composition is to constrained for the theory
of chemistry, then and now.

Cheers

Jerry