Jon,
The short answer to your question is "Always".   I
admit that you do not use those metalevel terms to describe what you're
doing, but your actions speak louder than your words.
JAS>  When
have I ever declared that my "conclusion is what Peirce
intended"?
In every debate, you use your slender thread of
quotations as the  primary and sometimes the only criterion for making a
decision.  You dismiss other quotations of Peirce as not valid for one
reason or another, and you don't consider the century of work after Peirce
as relevant. Peirce insisted on fallibilism, and his ideas were constantly
growing.  Note the tentative tone in his letters to Lady Welby.  Note the
many versions of his attempts to write something definitive.  His ideas
were never static, and he was constantly debating his positions with
himself and his colleagues.

JAS> When have I ever described
my objective as "developing a definitive reconstruction of Peirce's
semeiotic"?
You don't describe it, but you act as if you have
such a reconstruction in mind.  When anybody suggests an alternative that
is different from the one you chose, you fight tooth and nail to defend
the one you had been considering.
  JAS:  When have I ever
maintained that my "version [of semeiotic] is what Peirce
intended"?
When you post a barrage of quotations by Peirce that
you believe refute the position that the other person has proposed.  You
don't accept their quotations by Peirce, and you don't allow new evidence
from more recent developments that Peirce could not have known.
As
just one example, Peirce preferred the gospel by John the Evangelist (and
so do I).  Many theologians believe that there is strong evidence for the
equation Theos = Logos = Dharma = Tao (or Dao). For example, the
translation of the New Testament to Chinese uses 'Dao' as the translation
of  'Logos'.  One might quibble with that translation for various
reasons.  But to reject it out of hand is inexcusable.

John's slides linked below are a good example of this, translating some of
Peirce's ideas into the concepts and terminology of modern logic.  Why is
such an approach acceptable for him in a conference presentation, but not
for me in an e-mail list
discussion?   Again, *why the double
standard?
Because in mathematics and logic, there is no double
standard.  There is one and only one absolutely precise criterion that
determines whether or not two expressions are exact translations of one
another:  a formal proof.
Peirce was a mathematician from early
childhood and a logician from the age of 13.  For the first-order subset
of logic (Alpha and Beta graphs),  Peirce's algebraic notation of 1885 and
every version of EGs from 1897 to the end had formally precise
translations to one another.  They also had formally precise translations
to and from the FOL subsets of  Frege. Schroeder, Peano, Whitehead,
Russell...   When I say that two expressions are formally identical, I am
using the same criteria as Peirce and every logician  and mathematician
before and after.
Please read Peirce's low opinion of the reasoning
methods of metaphysicians and his recommendation that they adopt the
methods of mathematics.
John

Jon,

The short answer to your question is "Always".   I admit that you do not use those metalevel terms to describe what you'r doing, but your actions speak louder than your words.

JAS>  When have I ever declared that my "conclusion is what Peirce intended"?

In every single argument, you use your slender thread of quotations as the  primary and sometimes the only criterion for making a decision.  You dismiss other quotations by Peirce as not valid for one reason or another, and you don't consider the century of work after Peirce as relevant.

Peirce insisted on fallibilism, and his ideas were constantly growing.  Note the tentative tone in his letters to Lady Welby.  Note his many versions of his attempts to write something definitive.  His ideas were never static, and he was constantly debating his positions with himself and his colleagues.   Note his