Jerry and Jon,
In mathematics -- including mathematical logic -- the
notation is absolutely precise.  Two different notations that are
isomorphic (one-to-one mappings in both directions) have identical
semantics, independent of any words used to describe them.

JLRC> I suggest that CSP was consistent in his deployment of the
triadic grammatical relatives (subject, copula, predicate).

JAS> On my reading, Peirce did not consider the copula to be
an essential part of a proposition in the same sense as the subjects and
predicate.
For Peirce (as for every mathematician), the notation is
primary, and the words are useful only for explaining the notation to
students.  The first-order subset of Peirce's algebra of 1885 and the
first-order subset of EGs  (Alpha + Beta) have identical semantics.  To
understand exactly what Peirce intended, ignore the English words.  Just
translate his explanations to the algebra or the EGs.   The words are
useful only for teaching students.
Mathematicians  (as well as
scientists and engineers who use mathematics) never talk about charity --
except for human charity in being sympathetic with students who are dong
their best..