John,

Thanks for the Eisele pdf. I did like this ms fragment very much:

Further, "It is not so much the history of science as it is the history of
sound scientific thinking which I am considering" [Peirce MS 12801.

--

It seems to come down to: never consider the textual production of a scientist
only in itself, but also look at the reality the text tries to explain.

Auke