Cf: Precursors of Category Theory • Discussion 2
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2020/09/21/precursors-of-category-theory-discussion-2/

Re: Ontolog Forum
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/ontolog-forum/lXix9bMjeSU/overview
::: Alex Shkotin
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ontolog-forum/lXix9bMjeSU/u6b1tNiZAQAJ

AS:
Looking at “categories, or types” in Precursors Of Category Theory • Hilbert
and Ackermann
( https://oeis.org/wiki/Precursors_Of_Category_Theory#Hilbert_and_Ackermann )
what do you
think of to say “Precursors Of Type Theory” as Category Theory is a math
discipline?   […]
It seems you collect for three topics:  phil‑cat, type theory, math cat‑theory.

Dear Alex,

When it comes to math, computer science, and their applications
to logic and linguistics I see categories and types as pretty much
the same things.  No doubt the words are used differently in other
contexts but I am concerned with the above contexts at the moment.

The diversity of categorical systems across different disciplines and
theorists is obvious to all observers.  But when we examine how systems
of categories operate in grammatical, logical, or more generally semiotic
frameworks we can detect a common function all the more useful systems share.
The semiotic framework is already well marked in Aristotle's founding text
on interpretation and the function of category references as go-betweens from
unruly language to the rule of logic is clearly delineated in his treatise on
categories.  It is that order of function which is preserved from Aristotle's
categories to our current mathematical variety.

Regards,

Jon

inquiry into inquiry: https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/
academia: https://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey