List - I don't think that all these quotations can really deal with

the child's mental habits.” — C.S. Peirce, RLT 192 (1898)
        From: peirce-l-requ...@list.iupui.edu

          On Behalf Of Gary Richmond
 Sent: 7-Oct-21 05:18
 To: Peirce-L
 Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Abracadabra (was Modeling Humanities : the
case ofPeirce's Semiotics (part B1))
        John, List,
        "Men seem to themselves to be guided by reason. There is little
doubt that this is largely illusory . . . because their reasonings
are prominent in their consciousness, and are attended to, while
their instincts [and emotions] they are hardly aware of. . . .   —
Charles S. Peirce
        "To think is easy. To act is difficult. To  act as one thinks is the
most difficult.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
        “Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first
principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest
person to fool.” — Richard Feynman
        Best,
        Gary R
“LET EVERYTHING HAPPEN TO YOU
 BEAUTY AND TERROR
 JUST KEEP GOING
 NO FEELING IS FINAL”
  ― RAINER MARIA RILKE
        Gary Richmond

        Philosophy and Critical Thinking

        Communication Studies

        LaGuardia College of the City University of New York