Mary,

Thank you for your response to our 10 minute thesis presentations today
and, perhaps, especially your comment that "the connections among them were
and are rich and intriguing," which was most gratifying to read. Jon is
mostly to thank for making those connections, and I personally appreciate
his including examples of my trikonic vectors in his presentation, as well
as his mentioning my notion of ur-continuity in connection with a theory of
the origin of the cosmos, one which does *not* begin with an inexplicable,
but apparently at least quasi-*material *'Big Bang'. This alternative
theory is, of course, Peirce's, that theory subtly, richly and, in my
opinion, convincingly developed by Jon over the past few years in List
posts and published papers.

I should add that, in good time, both Gary Furhman and I will also be
posting our Powerpoint slideshows to Peirce-L. For now, however, we don't
want to overwhelm the List with too much material too soon. Still, we are
indeed eager to begin discussions of our presentation topics,
beginning with Jon's. With that in mind, I'll copy here his impossibly
succinct summary of what he covered in his presentation today, this as a
springboard to further discussion.

Jon Alan Schmidt wrote:

Peirce’s mature topical conception of continuity mathematically defines it
in accordance with Gary Richmond’s categorial vector of representation,
from 3ns through 1ns to 2ns. Such continuity is discovered in phaneroscopy
by observing and attending to the flow of time, the nature of the phaneron
itself, and experience as its compulsive aspect, especially perception.
Applying such continuity in semeiotic and metaphysics facilitates gaining a
better understanding of semiosis and objective idealism, leading to the
plausible hypothesis of the reality of God.

I would hope that it goes without saying that one does not have to have
attended today's 10 minute thesis to jump into the conversation.

Best,

Gary Richmond