THanks, Gary. I certainly agree that Peirce believed in what we would now call
embodied cognition. Enactive cognition (which is related to older work by JJ
Gibson and his “resonance theory” - which I also discuss in the forthcoming
book) is a step further. I have given this a lot of thought. But it is still
not clear to me how enactive cognition can make a place for thinking in signs.

Dan