Cecile
Just to continue with the argument against the triangle as the graphic image of
the Peircean sign- one can start with Peirce’s definition of the Sign, which is
always a triad,

“I..shall define a Sign and show its triadic form” 8.305”A sign therefore is an
object which is in relation to its object on the one hand and to an
interpretant on the other, in such a way as to bring the interpretant into a
relation to the object, corresponding to its own relation to the object”
8.332….and in the next paragraph.. “a sign has two objects…it has also three
interpretants’. 8.333.

“A sign is in a conjoint relation to the thing denoted and to the mind. “…and
refers frequently to “the triple relation between the sign, its object and the
mind” 3.359-60

Robert Marty has an extensive outline of Peirce’s definition of the Sign, but
it is important to understand that the Sign is made up of three
correlates/relations AND - above all that the FORM of this triad is not a
closed triangle in itself…which would be utterly useless, but is an open Y
shape, enabling networking with other triadic Signs.

Edwina