I have no interest in trying the list's patience by drawing this out
further, but I did want to supply one further piece of information.

Steven Zenith raises the question about the "transparency" of the Digital
Universe (i.e., if I understand it correctly, whether we will require the
use of real names and identities).  In fact, we have been projecting for
over a year that real names and identities *will* be required.  They already
are required for all work done by those building the Encyclopedia of Earth
and the Earth Portal.  In a forthcoming monograph about the DU, I have
argued at some length that this policy is indeed advisable.  I won't bore
you with the arguments here, since I assume we're rather off-topic from
Peirce, but suffice it to say that I have long thought that some of
Wikipedia's problems can be laid down to the fact that many participants do
not take responsibility for their own work by connecting it to their
real-world identities.

Moreover, we will of course (and already do) have contributor biographies
that will help develop a sort of reputation system.

Steven, if you have further questions, I'd appreciate it if you'd simply ask
rather than making uncharitable assumptions about a project on which I've
been working hard for over a year.

--Larry Sanger