From: Steven Ericsson Zenith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sat 3/4/2006 3:30 PM
To: Peirce Discussion Forum
Subject: [peirce-l] Peirce invented the "electric switching computer?"

Dear List,

There is a very nice and copyright free bio of Peirce from NOAA that I have copied into Panopedia for reference here:

   http://www.panopedia.org/index.php/Charles_Sanders_Peirce#NOAA_Giants_of_Science

The article is unattributed and makes the following claim, that Peirce was:

   " ... first to conceive the design and theory of an electric switching computer"

Now, I am not familiar with this claim - can anyone justify it with references?  Better still, can anyone identify the author?

With respect,
Steven

---
Message from peirce-l forum to subscriber [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Message from peirce-l forum to subscriber [EMAIL PROTECTED]