De : VinXcius Romanini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : samedi 17 juin 2006 01:51
À : Peirce Discussion Forum
Objet : [peirce-l] Re: representing the ten classes of signs (corrected)

Dear Joe, list
The matter of the roman ordering numbers have always puzzled me. I remember once asking De Tienne about it at the PEP and he told me that Peirce never put the roman numbers on his original MS. They are just another work of Hartshorne and Weiss to make their point about how the classes of signs should be ordered in their own view. I have never seen the original Syllabus MS but now that you have mentioned again the "roman numbering problem", would like to know if you or anyone can ascertain if Peirce did put these numbers or not.
Best,
Vinicius