Jacob,

many different modes-of-being-part-of the list (that's a relation, too, I guess) exist,
and I am not that active, but I follow parts of the discussions, by chance and circumstances
allowing me the time.

I think Peirce the scientist can be said to have a reductionist approach to relations (here, I take
"reductionist" in a positive sense of a method - not as ontological or epistemic reductionism),
while for Hegel, relation and relatedness is always already seen within the Geist-structure of
a phase in the historical development of human thought. I don't see Hegel's hermeneutic
approach and Peirce's reductionist approach as in conflict, just as a difference in approaches.

I should really not make such generalized statements, as I am not an expert, and you will find, I
think, many persons on the list that has studied Peirce's relation to Hegel far more in
detail than I.

Cheers,
Claus