Hi guys,

Finally... tonight I made a new release. I got tired of referring
people to the Subversion repository all the time :-)

The slow release cycle is due to me working on other projects. I'm
actually not using PEL for something right now, so it has become a low
priority project for me.  Therefore, if you think PEL is cool, then
please consider joining the project to work actively on it.  Send a
mail to this list...

In any case, the release notes follow:

PEL Version 0.9.1  December 19th 2006
*************************************

Notes:

Added setExif(), getExif(), and clearExif() methods as a convenient
and recommended way of manipulating the Exif data in a PelJpeg object.
Improved PelEntryTime to deal with timestamps in the full range from
year 0 to year 9999. Removed PelTag::getDescription() because the
descriptions were out of context. A new example demonstrates how to
resize images while keeping the Exif data intact. Added a Japanese and
updated the French and Danish translations.

Changes:

* The constructors of PelJpeg and PelTiff can now take an argument
  which is used for initialization. This can be a filename (equivalent
  to calling loadFromFile()), a PelDataWindow (equivalent to load()).
  The PelJpeg constructor will also accept an image resource.

* Added PelJpeg::setExif(). This method should always be used in
  preference to PelJpeg::insertSection() and PelJpeg::appendSection().
  One should actually not be using appendSection() unless one is very
  sure that the image has not been ended by a EOI marker.

* Added PelJpeg::getExif().  This method is the new preferred way of
  obtaining the PelExif object from a PelJpeg object.  Updated the
  examples and code to make use of it.

* An example of how to resize images while keeping the Exif data
  intact is given in resize.php.

* The PelTag::getDescription() method is no more. The descriptions
  were taken directly from the Exif specification and they were often
  impossible to translate in a meaningful out of context because they
  had references to figures and tables from said specification.

* Fixed bug in edit-description.php which still called the constructor
  of PelIfd in the old pre-0.9 way.

* Updated documentation of PelIfd to make it clearer that it can be
  used as an array because it implements the ArrayAccess SPL (Standard
  PHP Library) interface.

* Added Japanese translation by Tadashi Jokagi.

* Update by David Lesieur of the French translation.

* Rewrote entry for version 0.9 in NEWS to highlight the API
  incompatible changes made from version 0.8.

* Renamed test.php to run-tests.php and implemented a simple search
  functionality for finding the SimpleTest installation.

* Rewrote make-release.sh script to work with Subversion.

--
Martin Geisler  ---  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ---  http://mgeisler.net

Read, write, create Exif data in PHP with PEL:       http://pel.sf.net
Take control of your webserver with PHP Shell:  http://phpshell.sf.net