I'm new to PEL and this mailing list.  I hope this is the right place to ask my
questions.

I have basic usage questions.  I am making jpeg thumbnails from pages of PDFs.
Each PDF will have one thumbnail.  The thumbnail might be from any page.  I
want to store the page number in the user comments of the image's Exif data.
When the thumbnail is created it has no Exif data.

How do I create an Exif data branch containing a user comment entry with my
page number in it, save it to file and later retrieve it?

I'm able to access the image file, but of course the Exif is null and I don't
know where to go from there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

------
Alex Adams
hawkVision - building highly agile worlds of knowledge
a...@a2technology.com
haad...@nps.edu
www.hawkvision.info