I will do it,! I will support THE DAY OF THE SEAFARER by replacing my facebook
profile picture with THE DAY OF THE SEAFARER LOGO,,

________________________________
 From: bbudiman <bbudi...@hotmail.com>
To: pelaut@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:39 PM
Subject: [pelaut] Day of the Seafarer: Celebrate on 25 June

Day of the Seafarer: Celebrate on 25 June

30-05-2012
The Day of the Seafarer is a special day in the maritime calendar when people
worldwide show their appreciation for the men and women who risk danger and
hardship to maintain international trade, often at great personal cost to
themselves and their families. It was established by the World Maritime
Organization in 2011 and is now included in the list of United Nations
Observances as a key event in the global calendar.

Without seafarers bringing us the clothing, food and goods that we need, half
the world would starve and half would freeze. The Day of the Seafarer is an
opportunity for us all to pay tribute to these 1.2 million brave men and women,
and raise awareness of the unique and all-too-often overlooked role they play
in our everyday lives.

We're asking people to mark the Day of the Seafarer by helping to promote it
via social media. Here are a few ideas of how you can show your support:

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and share our messages about the Day of the
Seafarer.
Replace your Facebook profile picture with the Day of the Seafarer logo – you
can find out how to do this at: www.facebook.com/SeafarerDay
Tag yourself and your friends in our Day of the Seafarer Facebook picture to
show you're supporting the event.
The theme for this year's event is "It came by sea and I can't live without
it." Message us or post on our Facebook wall telling us what things you can't
live without that were brought here by ship.
Tell us your fundraising ideas for next year's Day of the Seafarer. The best
one will win a prize and run as our Day of the Seafarer fundraising event next
year. If there are lots of requests for the same event, all the names will be
placed into a lotto and the winner drawn from here.
And if you're not using social media or want to do a bit more to mark the day,
why not hold a fundraising event to support seafarers' welfare? It can be as
big or as small you like: you could ask everyone in your office to dress in a
nautical theme for the day and make a small donation. You could bake cakes and
sell them at work, at church or at school. You could set up a jumble sale or
second hand book stall at your office or community centre. The possibilities
are endless – the only limit is your imagination!

To request a fundraising pack that's bursting with ideas, contact Nicky Jackson
on 07500 333190 or by email nicola.jack...@missiontoseafarers.org.

Shout about it!

We also want people to tell their communities about their events and highlight
the vital role of seafarers through local newspapers, websites and radio. If
you need help or advice about how to contact press in your area, get in touch
with us. And when you get coverage for your activities, please let us know so
that we can share it with supporters around the world.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: