Martin wrote:
>I'm still trying to recover from the Windows 2000 upgrade.  The idea that
>every new, and forced, MicroCrap upgrade increases
>productivity is some kind of cruel joke.  I, and 99% of users, do
>essentially the same kind of thing with word-processing and slide making
>that we did 20 years ago with programs like wordstar.

hey, I stuck with Wordstar until its lack of printer drivers for deskjet
printers finally drove me into the arms of MS.

>It's just twice as hard and expensive now than it was then and there is
>this god-damned little paperclip animation that keeps irritating me AND
>WON'T GO AWAY.

I've killed mine in MSWord 97. Alas, I don't remember how. However, since
then I've learned to not use "MS Word Help," since the damned thing comes back.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine