So far the discussion has gotten a bit nasty, but mostly the tempers have
been kept in check.  Let me ask a simple question:  What is at stake in
this discussion?  Why should I care about what Brenner/Wood/Sweezy/Dobb
etc have to say?

I would like to see a short summary, 50-100 words, laying out what is at
stake, including how the word Eurocentrism is to be understood.  Does it
mean ignoring the accomplishments of non-European areas; or their
contribution to the development of capitalism?

What are the political implications of Eurocentrism?

 --
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321