Dear pen-lers

I know that you are discussing a lot about price of shoes
relative to the pay of the workers who actually make the shoes.
I was wondering if you could discuss why tuition costs are
out-stripping inflation several times over since many of you are
progressive economists?

For example, at my university, Washington University, the
undergraduate tuition in 1974 was $2100; in 1994 the tution is
$18000+.  900% increase.  The University owns all of it's
buildings and land and pays no taxes.  Year after year, we get
justifications for the increase in tuition which far outstrips
inflation.  The inflated costs outstrips health care, energy costs,
technology costs, etc.  Those in power make the rules and truth.

Sherman Owens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]