the Tories' myopic self-interest and agressive greed fits well with
the "logic" of capitalism.  However, such policies can be bad for
capitalism in the long run or even fr  for the capitalist class as
a whole even in the short run (ignore the first "even"().  One
of the reasons to reject the rhetoric of "the logic of capital" is
that the laws of motion of capitalism are sometimes or even often
contradictory. The word "logic" evokes images of formal logic, etc.

Sorry, Penny.  I guess I'm in a pedantic mood today. I'm waiting for
the electrician or someone like him.

in pen-l solidarity,

Jim Devine   BITNET: jndf@lmuacad    INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Econ. Dept., Loyola Marymount Univ., Los Angeles, CA 90045-2699 USA
310/338-2948 (off); 310/202-6546 (hm); FAX: 310/338-1950
if bitnet address fails, try [EMAIL PROTECTED]