I am encouraged by the response to my suggestion that we can do
better.  I want to make clear that my post was not intended to
censor or criticize any of the subjects that we cover; however,
some of our great debates do become repetitious.

The responses suggest that some of us want to use pen-l to
contribute to activism; others to teaching; and still others
to theoretical debates.  None of these are mutually inconsistent.
In fact, they will reinforce each other.

So let's hear from more of you -- especially the lurkers.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 916-898-5321